Competition for arts funding is fierce. Sustaining this valuable community resource is our first priority, so we asked supporters, "Why do you love the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles?"
"I've found the world of quilts and textiles is much more complex and creative than I ever imagined. The shows are beautifully curated and always informative. The Museum also seems to do a lot of outreach to the local community and to a broad community of textile artists. Thank you!" – Mary Crabbe
"I like SJMQT because it's a wonderful oasis that celebrates textiles, fiber, and craft. I like it enough to be a member even thought I live 3000 miles away. "– Elena Rosenberg
"Always gives me great ideas to be creative in different ways." – Michelle Vargas Walker
"You support what I do." – Mary Vaneecke
Since February 2015 we have:
- Created a new program strategy that coincides with the exhibitions
- Introduced more of the San Jose community to the Museum through events like Yarn Tagging
- Presented at the November Arts Commission meeting
- Served over 200 school students
- Created a program advisory committee with members of the Bay Area community
With your contribution, we will:
- Introduce two artists in residences programs for outreach and education.
- Create more community participation events such as yarn tagging and exhibition programming.
- Continue to bring fabulous exhibitions and artists, like Kaffe Fassett, coming to the museum.
As the Museum moves forward and gains momentum we are asking for you to make a 100% tax-deductible gift so that the Museum can continue to do more and not only remain a valuable resource to the fiber arts and arts community, but to the San Jose community.
This is YOUR Museum and YOUR opportunity to help support the Museum.
Show us how much you love the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles!