Giving to the Collection
We deeply appreciate the ongoing generosity of our local and national community whose support enables us to continue our mission to promote the art, craft and history of quilts and textiles. Please join them to ensure the continuation of our mission.
- Donate an individual work of historic or contemporary textile art
- Donate a comprehensive collection of specific technique, peoples, or geographic region.
- Make a monetary contribution to the conservation of a specific object in the collection.
- Make a commemorative gift to the collection.
- Support scholarship or a catalog to document the collection.
- Fund the implementation of the next phase of our collection storage facility build-out.
Donating Textiles to the Collection
Thank you for considering the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles as a potential recipient of your donation of a textile or textile collection. This page offers information on the procedures for submitting material for consideration. We appreciate your interest.
Procedures for submitting a donation of textile art to the Museum:
- A short cover letter identifying yourself, the object or collection, and the significance of the art you wish to donate.
- Image(s) (photographs) of the object or collection to be considered. Any format is acceptable: digital images on a CD or sent via email, slides or photographs.
- Copies (no originals) of related written information to accompany the object, such as letters and other pieces of information that might help to determine the object’s age and provenance.
The Museum is deeply grateful for all offers of gifts. Please bear in mind that some very fine pieces may not be accepted into the collection if they do not fit with the collection strategy or if the collection already contains similar outstanding examples.
Please contact Nancy at email@example.com with the materials mentioned above.
The Museum’s Collection Committee meets periodically over the year to consider objects and attend to care and support of the Museum collection. This Committee has members from the Museum staff, the Board of Trustees, and other textile collectors and specialists from the community. Once information about your potential donation is received, you will be contacted by a member of the Collection Committee to discuss next steps.
Thank you for considering a donation to the collection at the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles.