Let's Talk Fiber, K - 12 Educators' Workshop
has been postponed.
Japanese handicraft festival
Sunday October 8, 2017 11 am to 3 pm
Free Community Open House
From art quilts and clothing to practical textiles and crafts, Japan Handicraft Festival is a celebration of the breadth and beauty of traditional and contemporary Japanese culture.
Day of Activities:
- Tours, Talks and activities for all age
- Furoshiki Demonstration - Kris Sazaki and Deb Cashatt
- Origami Demonstration - Arlene Damron, Nichi Bei Bussan
- "Unraveling the Knot/ Exploring Japanese Knot Tying" - Corrine Okada Takara
- Kimono Dressing Demonstration - Lynne Yamaichi
- "The Kimono Reinvented" - Caryne Mount
- Japanese American Museum of San Jose - Memorial Textiles
- Exhibition and Behind the Scenes Tours
master your craft: A CONVERSATION WITH ARTISTS, GALLERISTS & COLLECTORS
sUNDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2017 1:30 PM - 3 PM
Artist and author Tien Chiu speaks with artists, gallerists , and collectors about their experiences in the professional art world. This panel will include an hour of moderated discussion and half an hour of audience Q & A. This event is geared towards both aspiring and established artist who would like to gain perspective in navigating professional art practices.
Admission : Member $15.00 Non- Member $ 25.00
Chandra Cerrito, gallerist Sabine Reckewell, artist
Modesto Covarrubias, artist Flo Wong, artist
KC Rosenberg, artist Penny Nii, artist and collector