A ball of yarn. A needle & thread. A loom.
These are the tools that our artists use to change the world of textiles.
Every culture on every continent has defined a textile tradition through which people sustained and shared their social, civic, and religious rituals. A legacy of art, education and community.
Our museum, now celebrating its 40th anniversary, is as unique as our expressive exhibits, expanding educational programs, participatory activities, and heartfelt multi-cultural experiences.
With your help, we can continue our mission to promote and celebrate the art, creators, craft, and history of quilts and textiles to visitors from near and far and inspire the textile artists of tomorrow through our youth programs.
Our artists’ canvas is the cloth they sew. They are creative historians who weave stories into the fabric of society.
Your support of the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles is visible in every gallery – in our world class exhibitions, school tours, Make and Take activities, Quilts as Women’s Shelter outreach, and so much more. As we prepare to celebrate our 40th Anniversary next year, the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles continues to promote and celebrate fiber arts. Through generous donations, SJMQT has expanded programs and offerings to the community.
SJMQT has become a cultural leader in the local community. With a variety of exhibitions and programming, we have increased community involvement and enrichment, not only with the fiber arts community but with the wider community of San Jose. Our stability results from the loyal dedication and hard work of staff, volunteers and the generosity of individuals like you!
Over the next year, as we celebrate being a nexus for those who share a passion and deep commitment to fiber arts preservation and evolution, we encourage you to make a donation.
San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, 520 South 1st Street, San Jose CA 95113 or click on the button below.
With deep gratitude,
The Staff of SJMQT
P.S. If you truly love quilts and textiles, please provide your generous gift to help celebrate our 40th anniversary.
examples of the difference your donations can make at SJMQT:
- Eighteen $40.00 donations will pay for one show's vinyl lettering for our exhibitions.
- $20.00 buys hanging hardware for mounting an artist's pieces.
- $20.00 will pay for fabric glue, craft paper, and pencils for children to be able to use while they learn valuable art skills.
- Four $50.00 donations would pay for a sewing machine that our Artist in Residences could use for their work in SJMQT.
- $50.00 would help us pay for the installations materials needed to hang the Artist in Residence's art. Items include support labels, museum putty, and hanging hardware.
- $500.00 supports an Artist in Residence for one month. The Residency runs for three months.
Watch what we can do with supporters like you!
San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles is a nonprofit organization, organized under section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code. Contributions are tax deductible.
Our tax ID number is 77-0123939. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.971.0323. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!